Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Dinner with a View: Top of the Hub

For my last night, I wanted to go somewhere where I could see all of Boston for the last time. It wasn't hard to pick a place. Top of the Hub is 52 floors above Boston with 360 degree views of the city.


While our table was being prepared, we stopped by the bar to get a drink.


If you like gin and citrusy drinks, I highly recommend trying the Farmer's Gin Breeze but I warn you that it's a strong one! After a couple of these you'll definitely feel like you are walking among the clouds.

By the time we got to our table, I was ravenous and quickly proceeded to order.

We all started out with the same thing. The watermelon gazpacho did not sound appealing to any of us.


The crispy duck confit arancini with truffle honey glaze and romano cheese.

Not pictured is the spicy lobster soup. It was finished before I even had a chance to snap a quick picture. If you only ever order one thing from Top of the Hub, it has to be this. The soup is creamy but not too heavy while still being rich with flavor. 

For the entrees, we all decided to try something different.


Seared Hake with shrimp etouffee, back yard tomato salad, and saffron rice.


Peppercorn dusted statler chicken breast with english peas, mushroom ficassee enhanced with courvoisier, and carre potatoes.


Korma curry rubbed lamb steak with toasted pine nuts cous cous, taziki, and sticky plums.

We ended our meal with some classics.


Creme Brulee


Raspberry and white chocolate mousse cake with vanilla sauce and chocolate sauce. I was not a big fan of this. Something about the texture didn't appeal to me.

Overall the food was alright. Not the best meal of my life but also not the worst. But the view definitely makes up for it all. 

Just look at what a beauty Boston is at night.


I'm going to miss this place for the next few months.

If you're interested in seeing the view for yourself, I recommend just going up to get drinks at the bar and sitting in the lounge instead of going for dinner. But if you're also interested in dinner, I would encourage making reservations. They tend to book quickly.

Top of the Hub
800 Boylston Street
Prudential Tower, 52nd Floor
Boston, MA 02199
617.536.1775

2 comments :

  1. that is an epic view!
    http://www.rosecolorglass.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures don't do it justice! It's a must see in person :)

    ReplyDelete