Saturday, August 23, 2014

Oishii

I was in Boston for a few days last week to help a friend move and, luckily, it just so happened to also be restaurant week. So what would any girl in my size 7 shoes do?




After walking 20 minutes to the wrong restaurant and hoping in an Uber to the right one, I arrived at Oishii, starving, to meet Jess for a sushi catch-up date. I haven't been to Oishii before but Jess insisted I had to try it.


Who am I to say no to sushi or this face?


I'm not the type of person who can just order one thing and be happy. A girl needs options and variety! Or maybe its just cause I'm indecisive. After a quick study of the menu, we chose to split the A and D set. It had a little of everything that would ensure we left with happy and full bellies.

Here are a few of my favorite dishes from the bunch.



Miso Cod with scallions. The fish was perfectly flaky and butter but I could have gone without the tart sauce at the bottom of the dish.



Mushroom Lobster Risotto. Now this dish doesn't exactly scream classic Japanese food but I do love a good risotto.



Seaweed Salad. This is a love it or hate it item. I love it. Enough said.



Salmon Avocado Roll. Now I'm not a huge fan of raw salmon but the freshness of the fish definitely made this simple roll shine.



Soba. Japanese wheat noodles in a salty dipping broth.



Toro and Hamachi Sashimi. This by far was my favorite part of the whole meal. I could have eaten plate after plate of this. The fish was extremely fresh and practically melted in your mouth. The sashimi alone is definitely worth a trip to Oishii.


Spicy Tuna Salad. I'm usually used to my spicy tuna in rolls wrapped with seaweed but the cucumber was a fresh twist on the dish that helped balance out with the mayonnaise.



Last but not least, the Tempura Tuna Roll. I've never heard of a tempura tuna roll but whoever thought of it is a pure genius! Slightly cooked and crunchy on the outside, soft and buttery in the middle. My mouth was in heaven. Definitely a must try.



Not one to ever turn down dessert. We ended out meal with Ginger Ice Cream. It was slightly icey but the fresh ginger taste was a great palette cleanser.

Needless to say, we left Oishii with smiles on our faces and bellies full of sushi.

While we were there during restaurant week, there lunch specials menu is generally the same price all year around. Since Japanese food can get on the pricey side, it's definitely a bargain to go during lunch and get the set. If going during dinner, I highly recommend making a reservation. This place fills up fast.

Oishii
1166 Washington St
Boston, MA 02118
617.482.8868


No comments :

Post a Comment