Monday, August 25, 2014

Restaurant Week Round Dos: T.W. Food

Restaurant Week is one of my favorite times of the year. All over the city, restaurants create three course menus at fairly reasonable prices that allow you to try places you've always wanted to go to.

On Thursday night, a few friends and I decided to try out T.W. Food in Cambridge.


I've read about the food here and wanted to try it for awhile but I've never dragged myself over to Cambridge to try it out. Restaurant Week gave me the perfect excuse to make the trek, and let me tell you, the food was definitely worth the trip.


We started off with an amuse bouche of cold peach with a small dollap of crema. Sweet and tangy.

For the appetizer round, we each decided to try something different.


Corn sformato with crispy ham, tomato jam, tomatillo, and coriander tuile. I wasn't a fan of the texture of this dish but if you can get over that, then this one is tasty.


Chilled tomato and cantaloupe gazpacho with tabasco croutons and manchego. I think one of my dinner dates had the best description: "a cold smoothie soup in a bowl"


Mussels with chorizo, cider, caramelized onion, and charred bread. A classic east coast dish you can't go wrong with. The chorizo spiced up the dish and helped create a delicious broth.


Tomato and watermelon salad with peach puree, garlic aioli, purslane, and fried walnuts. This was my favorite appetizer of the bunch. It was bright, light, and refreshing, the perfect start to the meal.

After our first course, we moved on to mains.


Agnolotti with roasted sweet peppers, queso fondido, and arrowleaf spinach. The cheesy, creamy sauce went perfect with the soft pillows of pasta.


Roasted pork loin with miso glaze, fairytale eggplant, bacon, wild rice, and long beans. This was a bit of a disappointment. The pork loin was too dry for my taste.


Bluefish with countneck clams, pole beans, local beets, and corn sabayon. The almost blackened, crispy skin was a great juxtaposition to the tender flaky fish. I could have eaten three more of this dish.

What's a meal without dessert?


Sweet cream panna cotta with berry gelee, fresh gooseberries, and almond tuile.


Valrhona dark chocolate custard budino with candied hazelnuts, sea salt, and olive oil. Decadent, rich,  and bites of sharp salt to contrast the chocolate. 


Clearly I didn't like it at all.

I highly recommend booking a reservation before going. And possibly wait until a special occasion, too, since T.W. Foods is on the pricey side.

T.W. Food 
377 Walden St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
617.864.4745


And I thought I would end with a quick outfit shot.

Jessica: Romper (similar here and here), Joe's Jeans Laneypumps (polka dot version), Kate Spade Cedar Street Monday cross body
Me: American Eagle TShirt, BDG Twig High-Rise Jean (black version), Marc Jacobs watch, Claire Vivier fold over clutch, and Christian Louboutin Pigalle pumps (black patent version and nude version)

No comments :

Post a Comment