Sunday, September 28, 2014

Hubbard Inn

I've been a bad blogger lately and not posting as regularly as I should :/ I found all these photos on my camera and computer from the past 2 months of things I've done, places I've been, and yummies I've eaten. So for the next few posts, I will be playing catch up. I hope that's okay with all of you ;)


When I returned from Boston, a much needed catch up session with my cousin, aunt, and grandma was called for. Brunch was the perfect opportunity. With the sun shining bright in the sky and a cool breeze drifting between the skyscrapers, we all met for brunch at Hubbard Inn.



Once we sat down outside, I got right to business and ordered myself a big ole' drink.



There's nothing like a bloody mary to start off your Sunday, especially if it includes a mini seafood feast with it. While I appreciated the shrimp, the actual bloody mary was a bit too sweet for my liking. 

After our waitress took our orders, we sat, sipped, and chatted away until our food was brought briskly to us.


I can never resist an eggs benny, especially if it includes pork belly. So naturally, I went with the pork belly benedict served on top of slices of french toast. Sweet, savory, creamy, crunchy. Everything a girl could ask for.


Like the saying goes, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. My grandmother also ordered eggs benny but of the crab cakes variety. The eggs were runny and the crab cakes featured luscious large chunks of crab meat but the english muffin needs some work. 


Next up, the lobster omelet for my aunt. Filled with spinach, mushrooms, and buttery lobster pieces, this omelet satisfying and filling for any seafood lover.


Unfortunately, not all of us had great meals. My cousin went for the fried chicken biscuits and gravy. The chicken and biscuits were both extremely dry. Definitely would skip this one next time.

Overall, the company was far better than the food but it always is with this crowd :)

If you're interested you can find the Hubbard Inn here:
110 W. Hubbard St
Chicago, IL 60654
312.222.1331

Okay, enough with the mushy, family love. What's your favorite brunch meal?

No comments :

Post a Comment